* Create detailed system designs to meet functional requirements and non-functional requirements of supportability, extensibility, performance, security, and availability. Select the best mix of COTS and custom components to meet business objectives;
*Participate in project definition, project planning and project execution phases to ensure that the system architecture is supportable and will meet contractual service levels;
*Support the System Estimation and Proposal Writing processes by developing high level design for network, system architecture and associated equipment lists;
* Collect and promote best practices for hardware, software, and network architecture. Assist the development, and support teams in adopting practices and technologies relevant to their projects. Assist team leads in auditing compliance to selected practices;
* Assist in the selection of hardware and networking components for new systems and system upgrades;
* Review change requests to ensure proposed changes are consistent with the architecture of the system;
* Assist the support team in root-cause analysis of support incidents. Ensure results are taken into consideration during the design process for future projects;
* Assist development and support teams in deploying systems as required;
* Lead efforts to diagnose performance and availability issues;
* May participate in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting PKI technologies;
* May require training customer personnel on hardware and network solutions.
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills, willingness to write design documents of thorough content and of high quality;
* At least 8 years as a professional software developer, systems architect or support engineer;
* Understanding of Java, .NET, web services, service-oriented architecture, public-key infrastructure, Linux, Windows, TCP/IP, Ethernet, storage area networks, relational databases, virtualization e.g. VMware and associated management tools, and IT security;
* Post-secondary school education in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent degree;
Demonstrated ability to negotiate technical solutions with clients.
* Experience with troubleshooting and analysis tools including packet captures, proxies, and system call tracers;
* French communication skills;
* Professional experience with electronic travel document standards;
* Familiarity with identification card, biometric data capture, and border control systems.